A group of Polish folk-singing grandmothers on Wednesday won the race to choose Poland’s official team anthem for the looming European championships on home soil. The 18-member group “Jarzebina” – Polish for rowanberry – swept aside established opponents including established rock and pop names, a ska band and a rapper with their upbeat ethno-tune “Koko Euro Spoko”, which translates loosely as “Clucking Cool Euro”. Poland’s football association had opened its “White and Red Hit” competition to all comers, with the list honed down to 10 ahead of a live concert […]
- Polish national team head coach Smuda announced the Euro 2012 provisional roster
- Poland claims Euro 2012 security preparations progress as scheduled
- Camps are being built for the Euro 2012. It will be a paradise for fans!
- Wroclaw stadium ready for the Poland – Portugal match
- Poland national football team – reflections before Euro 2012
Championships Chorzów construction Donetsk Drzewiecki euro 2008 Euro 2012 FARE football Franciszek Smuda Gdansk germany Grzegorz Lato hotels Hryhorij Surkis Infrastructure Kharkiv kiev Kraków Kyiv Lviv lvov Michael Platini Michel Platini national stadium never again Olympic Stadium photos Platini Poland Poznan Preparations problems PZPN racism soccer sport stadium Stadiums tickets UEFA Ukraine Video warsaw wroclaw